Sunday, April 5, 2020

What's Happening


After my last post hubby and I needed to leave the house as he hadn't been out in 6 days other than walks.  We are under a State of Emergency but not a "shelter in place" or lockdown so we are still allowed to drive places.  We are still observing things like a lockdown except for driving to the ocean once a week.  We decided to drive to our local marina which is always a happy place for us.  If the weather had been warmer or sunnier there would have been a lot of people here but it was still overcast and quite chilly so perfect for a stroll for us.



When they built this pier a few years ago they built it about 15 feet across - perfect for social distancing.  We only saw two other sets of people, one family and one couple there.  I caught the seagull as he was just readying for takeoff.


I have no idea what the flower below is - any gardeners out there know?  I've seen it before and like it.


 Well, the pea plants in the plastic containers have outgrown their lid - that makes me happy.  And the weather this week, after snow raining yesterday, calls for sun and up to 16 degrees Celcius which also makes me happy.  I will sow the remaining peas straight into the pea bed this week as it is now warm enough.  In a few days I will also plant these pea starters.  Spring peas are awesome!
 More cucumbers and tomato plants are up - there are only 4 little pots with no action but I am giving them more time.  I had planted the other plastic boxes just 2 days ago with more tomatoes and cucumbers but no action yet.  I also planted a pot of cilantro which I love so hoping that will start shooting up soon. 
 Yesterday I had a blue day.  I stayed in bed most of the day - until 3 pm then forced myself out and took a shower.  I made homemade guacamole and chicken nachos and we watched the 1960 British version of The Village of the Damned.  It was actually really good and about as scary as I like my shows (I hate modern horror).  I could see at the time how that movie freaked people out.

Today I am better.  While I was wallowing yesterday hubby was "doing" as that is his version of stress-busting.  He painted the last wall that needs the roller, the rest will be done by small roller or by hand and is my job.  I am the "details" person so roofline, etc.  I take my time and do it to perfection.  We are nearing completion finally.  So that is my job today.  Stay safe everyone!. 

24 comments:

  1. We need to allow ourselves down days with no guilt, and no worries. I think after the on=line "party" and planting seeds, I may just give myself permission for a nap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I read, played words with friends and tried to watch a show but that wasn't working. Eventually it was time to get up :)

      Delete
  2. We are allowed a blue day without feeling guilty about it. I had one last Sunday. Today I am giving myself permission to rest. I have a long list of to do but the weather is rainy and I just don't want to. Between homeschooling the kids now since their schools are closed until May 1 at the earliest, keeping kids fed, making sure we are getting out for walks, etc I am drained. I need a day to just be. Hope today is a Good day for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we certainly are allowed our blue days. Rest is good too, I don't think any of us have been sleeping soundly. Our schools in Canada are closed until September so entire last term including colleges and Universities. You take care too, yes, today is a better day already.

      Delete
  3. Oh I must dig the peas out - I forgot about them. And my cilantro (coriander here) is going nuts in the week since I planted it. I just replanted it into a bigger pot today and will keep dragging it in to the living room for the moment as I don't want it to freeze. My favourite herb too - just the smell is heavenly. And I hope you're feeling better today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to plant some cilantro inside and outside and see which grows better, not had good luck with cilantro in other years.

      Delete
  4. I keep reminding myself 'one day at a time' is enough right now. glad you are feeling a bit better today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, one day at a time, although the last month has seemed like a year in slow motion

      Delete
  5. I am having a sort of blue day today. I will get over it.

    I don't know what that flower is, but it sure is pretty.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jackie, I hope today is better for you

      Delete
  6. I think we're all having moments of grief - our lives have changed so dramatically. Take care of yourself.

    I have no idea what that plant is and I tried to identify it through various sites and couldn't figure it out. The photos of the marina are so beautiful.

    Take care and stay well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You too! And one day (hopefully this year) it will be safe to try selling your house again and you can move out here.

      Delete
  7. I don't worry about when I get up. It all gets done, so I am happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was unusual for me so concerning but I am ok now

      Delete
  8. I think we have to allow ourselves the option of feeling blue occasionally. There are waters we have never navigated before so we don't have any way to know how to act on any given day. I hope I am learning the lesson I am supposed to learn about patience and acceptance, but I am not sure I am.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you are right. I think I have less patience right now but maybe because I am stressed out

      Delete
  9. It's easy to have blue days in the best of times.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think the plant is Euphorbia!
    What a lovely place to visit.
    I'm excited about your growing! That's a lot of cheery shoots to be happy about.
    I'm sorry you had a bad day, I'm like your husband and tend to throw myself into work so I don't overthink things.
    Tomorrow is another day!
    Take care. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the plant ID! I've seen it before but didn't know what it was. One day at a time.

      Delete
  11. Nothing wrong with a blue day. Glad you gave yourself that time to rest. Once you get the painting done you will feel so happy that that project is completed. Lovely that you got out for a stroll next to the ocean. Perhaps that is why you felt blue the next day. From being out in nature to back inside in isolation. The sun is tiny and they heat is on its way. Progress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, progress. We still have many projects to work on but for now the business is still going at least for another 2 months due to the way we take payments. Weekend projects now.

      Delete
  12. These are hard times. I have a hard time to get motivated on housecleaning tasks. Wayne and I came over with our boat two summers ago and enjoyed docking in Comox for an overnight. We walked to Martine's Bistro and really enjoyed our meal. - Margy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the marina is lovely, we like to go in summer if the sun is out the seals lounge on the boom by the right hand side of the marina. Plus tons of tiny jellyfish on the surface of the water there. There is also an excellent taco cart there usually although they haven't yet opened for the season

      Delete