Sunday, March 25, 2012

Two Weeks of Thrifting

I have found a few wonderful goodies lately - some to keep and some to resell.

Cooking For Two by Janet M. Hill - 1922 Version
Found at Goodwill $3.98

Check out the fabulous containers and dishes!






Miss Pickerell and the Geiger Counter
1959 Version
Miss Pickerell "saves the precious uranium". Yes, this was written in the 1950's - bit of brainwashing for the young ones on the virtues of atomic energy.
Found Salvation Army .99

Early One Morning - Rand McNally Childrens Book 1963
Goodwill .99. I think I bought it for the cute bunnies peeking from the bushes.


My first pieces of California Original Pottery
Likely 1970s brown with gold edging
Found at Goodwill $3.99 - these four can be used by themselves or together as a lazy susan. They are not perfect (a few small chips on underside corners) but I like them - they came with original appetizer food still on them so have been thoroughly scrubbed.


New oil lamp - I love these - already own a few.
Found at Goodwill .99

Linking up with Her Library Adventures Flea Market Finds and Apron Thrift Girl's Thrift Share Monday.

1 comment:

  1. LOL! I love when my vintage dishes come with authentic vintage food...

    Ugh.

    ReplyDelete