Sunday, February 26, 2012

Living Rich on 99 Cents



This week I did a little thrifting at Goodwill and found all of these - at just 99 cents each! At this point I am not sure if they are keepers or for resale but if I only buy things I love there will be no mistakes.

Raku turqoise blue pottery - apparently this type of pottery is very difficult and time consuming. Don't you love the blue and the crackle which comes from the firing process?


Four hourglasses - each 99 cents - I couldn't buy just one, had to have all four as they look great together (they are all identical size I was just having a bit of fun with the photo).


Finally, a smoked glass vintage tray, possibly an ashtray.

Although my Sally Ann had a 50% off sale yesterday due to a snowstorm and driving my stepson to Basketball I had to miss it. The thrifting Gods were still good to me this week though. How did you do?

Linking up this week to Her Library Adventures Flea Market Finds and Apron Thrift Girl's Thrift Share Monday.

2 comments:

  1. Each find is GORGEOUS! I especially love the little tray.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great finds. we have quite a bit of raku pottery in our home. it is expensive because the process is such that it goes through a very rapid cooling process and often pieces are lost at that point. the potter throws dried leaves or orange peels or other organic matter that they reacts with the glaze and creates the beautiful metallic sheen. one potter we spoke to said that it allows the piece to become better than the potter - since they can't control what the final piece will look like!

    ReplyDelete