Sunday, May 19, 2019

Garage Sale Time!

The keepers - Italian hand painted bird mug .25 cents, 2 mexican wine glasses - $1
 Yesterday Mom and I went to a couple of garage sales - being the long weekend in Canada there weren't that many but we didn't let it stop us.  First - the keepers.  A cute large hand painted in Italy mug.  Super cute and I love the colours - and I could not pass it up for the cost of a quarter.  And of course, Mexican glass - two wine glasses for $1 total.  I love Mexican glass, each hand blown, slightly different shape.  In Mexico this stuff is quite costly but fortunately I seem to find a lot of it on the second hand market at dirt cheap prices.

4 unused Spring placemats - a grand total of .50 cents!
 I also found a couple of things for resale.  These 4 placemants have never been used and at .50 cents I was forced to buy them.  Then below, the 4 starbucks hand painted in Hungary mugs. Each was .25 cents - usually on Ebay these sell between $7-20 each.  I don't sell on Ebay so likely will try marketplace for $20 for the 4, probably will wait until October/November though.  Starbucks mugs are collected and the Starbucks faithful pay up.  I am not a Starbucks faithful (lean towards Timmies max 1 every 10 days).  I don't resell very often these days but these size items are easy to store.
4 Starbucks hand painted in Hungary mugs - .25 each = $1 total
 Of course I had to try out my new wine glass - here filled with my $4 a bottle brew your own Sauvingnon Blanc.
Priceless - a true livingrichonthecheap moment!
I had a lovely week filled with a visit from an old friend from Edmonton who was in town for a couple of days.  She and I used to work together but she is about the only friend I have that is addicted to thrifting like I am.  Hubby and I also had pizza with my BF out here - a fun night for all of us.

We start to take the house apart/move furniture tomorrow.  Our carpet is being installed on Thursday (2 rooms) and Friday (1 room).  Also then next weekend the place where I volunteer is having a grand opening that I need to work at - then a day later Mom finally has her first cataract surgery in one eye.  The second eye will be done a month or two later.  She is so happy that she is finally having surgery - her life will improve and she will get back to reading books like crazy.

We've had some news on our January trip to Zihuatanejo.  Unfortunately due to a crappy airline schedule change we've had to lose one of our nights so down to 7 from 8 - but - that should be enough for us to both relax and have lots of fun, especially since it is our second visit there we have our bearings - only 256 days to go (yes, I am counting down).

We've also made plans to spend 4 nights on an island off Vancouver Island called Malcolm island.  This is near North Vancouver Island in the Queen Charlotte Strait and an area we haven't explored much of.  It will be a 50th birthday celebration for me.  Buddy is coming on that trip as well as some celebratory cheese cake and wine.


Have a lovely rest of your weekend!

14 comments:

  1. Now that was a good haul!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there are so many garage sales not worth the time to stop but you never know when you'll find something

      Delete
  2. Love the Starbucks mugs! And cannot beat the price.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I always look at mugs for that reason - I almost think the one I am keeping might be Starbucks too but missing it's sticker

      Delete
  3. Those glasses are lovely, just the thing I'd have bought too - I love hand blown glass and they look like they'd hold a decent sized glass of wine as well. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do hold just the right amount of wine - I hate a too small wineglasses!

      Delete
  4. You will have no trouble selling those mugs around the Christmas holiday. The goblets are really nice and look even better with wine in them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol - yes, even better with wine. There seems to be a lot of Starbucks collectors here so I think they will go well. Not to big to store either! More money into the fun fund

      Delete
  5. I love the Mexican glass also!
    I think you will find a suitable buyer for those mugs at Christmas. They are very cute and I am sure they are collectible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah the mugs are cute, my cupboards are full to bursting so not keepers but if I can exchange them for fun money I will be happy!

      Delete
  6. Great finds! My daughter has glasses that are similar but I don't know if they are Mexican glass or something similar.
    Of course, you are counting down to vacation! Who wouldn't? As for the trip to Malcolm Island...it sounds like a great to celebrate a milestone birthday. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Malcolm Island looks pretty neat - they have an area called a whale rubbing beach where the orcas rub themselves - the scientiests are not sure why. This is the only human accessible rubbing beach and they come up to as little as 6 feet of water to do it. My friend has been to the island a couple of times but not seen the orcas when she was there. Fingers crossed!

      Delete