|Bistro Set $40|
- It has only rained once in the last 6 weeks. It has been such a hot dry year. It is a battle to keep our lawn and flowers alive. Lots of people just let their lawns die but neither hubby nor I want to do that. When we first moved to Vancouver Island friends didn't know how we could consider moving to a place that has so much rain. The truth? Alberta has had far more rain. Even this past winter we hardly had any rain. If we don't get some soon we will experience the forest fires that the rest off the Province has had as everything is tinder dry. Rain please!
- I was grocery shopping the other day and spotted the perfect bistro set for my Mom's back covered patio. She is a senior on a very limited budget so I called her. She checked it out the next day and for $40 she now has somewhere to sit outside and eat if she wishes. The other other piece of furniture she has out there is the "found on road with free sign" (see original post) wicker furniture that I dragged home in 2012. Hubby painted it ($20 paint - lots of coats required) and Mom bought a cushion for $16. She loves the wicker chair as she sits out there and reads. It just goes to show you do not have to spend big bucks to decorate. Now is the time to buy yard and outside patio furniture as it all seems to be on sale. We would have been lucky to find the bistro set at that price used, let alone new.
- I found this very interesting as a lovely city on Vancouver Island made the cut as one of the friendliest cities in the world, go Victoria! Friendliest and Unfriendliest Cities in the World.
- I would really like to do a rotisserie chicken on the BBQ. Unfortunately, the cheapest whole chicken I can find is $12. Are you kidding me? Why is it I can buy different parts including skinless boneless chicken breast cheaper than I can buy a whole chicken?
- I scored another free box of cereal on Freebie Friday at my local Quality foods. Unfortunately, I think this promotion is at an end but we certainly were enjoying the free cereal.
- We have so much work with our company that we have been working extremely long hours every day. As a result we have been eating out more. I need to get back on track!
- I have to do some hard thinking. At some point later this year I likely will quit my part-time job. The extra income is nice but our company is doing so well it is no longer required. I am working more than full-time right now between both our company work and the part-time job and I don't know how long I can do that for. I did not move to paradise to work myself to death.
I hope everyone is getting out there and enjoying what is left of summer. Cheers!
|A dry field of pumpkins waiting for Fall|