Saturday, March 10, 2012

The First Goose Has Landed! It's Officially Spring!


I heard the first goose of the year a few minutes ago (thought I was hearing things) and yes, he was there, all by his lonesome on the ice, waiting for it to melt. For the next month they come, a few at a time, then by April in hundreds as the ponds at the back of my home play host to thousands of migratory birds. Geese, ducks, red winged blackbirds, herons and a few Northern pelicans.

I couldn't be happier to see him. THIS is what will help sell my house!

Update (10 minutes later) - another one landed so my little buddy is not too lonely - it makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside. I love nature.

4 comments:

  1. Lovely photo! We're having spring temps here this week, was 15 yesterday!! :) I do believe spring is finally on the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely - must have taken you ages to do that writing in the snow !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. The leaves are starting to turn here! Autumn! Strange but true: I just clicked on your link, because I saw you where new to my blog and now I see you're from Alberta, Canada. The people who we are staying with while we are "refugees" in our town of Wagga Wagga, Australia are also from Alberta and are aour fairly new friends!!
    that is an amazing picture there! *s*

    ReplyDelete