Sunday, August 8, 2010

3 Free Books - Thanks Swagbucks!

So I was up early this Sunday morning and decided it was time to use some of my amazon.ca gift certificates. Where did I get these? From Swagbucks.com. I have been using this site as my primary search engine for the past year. Frankly, I really don't search that much or would have a lot more.

What I like about Swagbucks.com

They pay you in swagbucks to use their search engine. You are not required to download their search bar to do this. I simply to go Swagbucks.com, sign in and away I go. You can download their search bar if you wish, but I hate doing that as have had bad luck with these type of downloads (would not recommend the airmiles.ca toolbar search engine). It usually takes 2-5 searches for you to win some swagbucks.

You can also vote in their daily poll to get 1 swagbuck per day.

If you wish to participate in their special offers you can to earn more (I tend to look at their no obligation offers. As most are aimed at U.S. users I just skip over those. No need to sign up...after 4-5 you will receive some swagbucks just for looking).

If you sign up for twitter or read their daily blog there are extra hints to earn extra swagbuck codes.

You can also refer others to Swagbucks.com and earn that way (yes, if you click and sign up under me this is a referral).

I don't have much time to do all above, generally I just vote in the poll and use it as a search engine. You can save up your swagbucks and then shop in the swagstore to order different goodies. I have ordered one book but with the rest have just ordered Amazon.ca gift certificates. After ordering usually at the end of the month they post the amazon.ca gift code in your Swagbucks account. You take this code to amazon.ca, create an account if you don't already have one and deposit it into your gift cards where it sits until you are ready to use it.

There is no spam! The only emails I receive are confirmation of orders and very rarely an email to indicate an upcoming promotion - on average less than 1 every 2 months of those. This is a well used and trusted site by many.

What I don't like about Swagbucks.com

Primarily aimed at users in the USA therefore the gift cards available are 90% USA only. You can order Amazon.ca, Amazon.com and Starbucks. They do have warnings before you order so it is pretty clear. You are able to order merchandise, expect it to take a while as it is all shipped from the USA.

Most of their no obligation offers and surveys are USA based therefore do not apply to Canadians.

What I ordered: (remember - 100% free including shipping with my gift certificates)

The Ultimate Cheapskate's Road Map to True Riches: A Practical (and Fun) Guide to Enjoying Life More by Spending Less by Jeff Yeager - used paperback $13.89 CAD including shipping

The Cheapskate Next Door: The Surprising Secrets of Americans Living Happily Below Their Means by Jeff Yeager - used paperback $11.30 CAD including shipping

Winds of Change by Martha Grimes (have to have a late summer read from one of my favorite authors - Richard Jury mystery series) - used paperback $6.90 CAD including shipping

Overall I like the program. And hey, you are getting something for nothing - what is wrong with that?

No comments:

Post a Comment