Thursday, November 12, 2020

Good News Post



I haven't blogged in 10 days but that's primarily because I've been busy decorating the house and getting chemo.  But this blog post is full of good news so in no particular order:

1.  My sweet husband bought me these lovely flowers last week, they are lasting a long time and are lovely to look at (even though he is allergic to a lot of what is here he still bought them).

2.  I was super happy to see how the USA election results went.  And yes, no amount of wrangling will prevent Biden from taking office.  It won't be as smooth as other previous Presidents as the current one has zero class but it is a huge relief to many, not just in the USA but around the world.  And to any troll who wishes to post a note how I have no business saying that - crawl back into your hole.  It's my blog and I can say whatever the h*ll I want to!  Plus I get super fiesty after chemo so watch out.

3.  More decorating has happened.  I underestimated the number of lights to go on the big tree so 600 lights have only gone halfway up.  Hubby has bought 600 more so I hope to finish it this weekend then decorate it for real.  In the meantime,I bought a 2-foot mini tree on our Facebook bidding site for $7 (our last one kicked the bucket as was fibre optic) and put on some of the Sylvania mini lights and it looks pretty.  There will be some vintage mini-balls going on it too once I dig out all the actual tree decorations.  We bought them at Costco and they are battery operated with many features (including pure white, alternating, pulsing, flashing) and once you turn them on they automatically shut off at 6 hours - and will come on the next day at the same time unless you shut them off manually.  

4.  The Red Deer, Alberta restaurant/pub my stepdaughter works in had one bartender come down with Covid.  They shut it for 5 days and tested all staff and fortunately, no one else at the restaurant has it.  They are now reopened.  I am very thankful that none of the kids has gotten it even though 2 have now been tested.

5.  And finally, super good news.  After my 4th cycle of chemo, a CT scan was done showing my pancreatic tumour had shrunk by 10-15 percent.  My oncologist did not want to say if it was sufficient to do surgery as it had to pull away from a vein.  That decision was solely the surgeons.  We received word Monday that it has and that they are now in the process of booking Operating Room space in a few weeks.  I took chemo on Tuesday(6th cycle) and am on a takehome bag with my 4th drug until 4pm today when I go back to the hospital to have it removed.  After that, I need at least a 2-3 week break before surgery can happen although I might have 1 more chemo before surgery depending on when they can book that OR space.  This is what we have been waiting for.  If for any reason it had not pulled away from the vein surgery couldn't happen. Surgery will give me more years of life  - best case scenario!  We are supposed to hear directly from the surgeon in the next few days, possibly even today to discuss surgery.

So yeah, it's been a good week.  Take care, everyone, stay safe.

26 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness I could burst with happiness for you that you get to have your surgery. God bless and here we go - onwards and upwards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - tears of joy were shed. Surgery is major and will take a long time to recover from but one day at a time and now we can have more hope

      Delete
  2. How wonderful! Doing a happy dance for you! Wish you the best of luck dear Cheapchick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A relief to know chemo is doing its job and that the surgeon will be talking to you soon. Yes, happy tears for you.
    Love and Hugs.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  4. You saved the best news till last! I'm so happy for you and your lovely hubster! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing news -- Sending heaps of hope that the OR space can be booked as soon as possible!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is really happy news. I would be crying for joy. I am glad everything is going your way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is wonderful news! I hope you can have the surgery very soon. Best, Celie

    ReplyDelete
  8. so glad to hear your good news!!Sending you healing thoughts and good wishesxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel like singing I am so happy for you. I wonder if they can fit you in before Christmas. It would be lovely to recover surrounded by your beautiful decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so happy for such promising news! I will continue my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Best post possible to read! I'm so happy for you and will keep my positive thoughts coming your way.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am overjoyed for you and you will find yourself in my joy list for today! Your news is thrilling!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Praise God!! I have been praying for you every single day as has others I am sure! Hang in there and keep the faith!
    And just to kepp your blood pumping - Trump is still my President!! Hahahaha! I'm serious but I know you are, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am elated for you! And for your 1200-light Christmas tree. Wishing you a future filled with hope and joy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! That really IS a good news post! So happy for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is amazing news - sending you my very best wishes for a successful surgery and speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh that IS such wonderful news! Doing the happy dance for you. So happy for you. Sending lots of wonderful wishes for a speedy visit to the OR.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good news indeed, but the the last bit of news is simply wonderful! I'm so happy for you, and I'll be sending positive thoughts that the surgery is scheduled very soon.

    Take care and enjoy the decorating. I'm starting today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. So happy that Santa and the Universe have been good to you. You certainly deserve an early Christmas gift, actually a few it appears. A true Christmas miracle with the shrinkage of the tumour.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Started crying with your good news of surgery. I am praying for you...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wonderful news indeed. So happy that the tumor has shrunk enough and pulled away from the vein to be operated on.

    What a sweet husband you have.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yes! I agree, happy tears here for you, as well! Prayers answered, with more to come for your surgery and recovery, too. That is wonderful news! Thank you for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. How did I miss your first post when you came back to blogging?? Anyway, so happy to see you are now blogging again, you are definitely in my prayers for a full recovery!

    ReplyDelete