|The purple x is where we are|
We also figured that there was no way we were going to have fun stuck inside the entire weekend as this kind of weather is not our usual fall/winter rains. I really didn't want to leave Mom either as if her power goes out she has no heat. At least this way she can come over and we can eat/drink and stay warm if it gets really nasty tomorrow.
As I type this Buddy is snuggled down beside me after being forced to go outside to do his duty and coming back soaking wet. He is not impressed at all.
Anyway, we had to pay an $86 cancellation penalty which could have been a lot more(entire booking) but the resort was able to find someone else to stay in our cabin at the last minute(crazy people who didn't look at the forecast) at a slightly lower rate so we paid the difference. I get that it is a small business but it would have been a lot nicer had they said we could apply that to a future booking. They weren't that great about the whole thing and it left a bad taste in our mouth, likely we will not end up going to this resort whenever we do finally make it to Gabriola Island. Either way, canceling was the right thing to do although quite disappointing after looking forward to our weekend away for so long. We are so booked up with work there was simply no way we could take the chance of being stuck there as hubby has to be in Victoria Tuesday and Wednesday for business.
Before we made the decision to cancel our weekend I had purchased a large amount of alcohol to take - so we have a full liquor cabinet including a bottle of Metaxa which is Greek Brandy which we will try out this weekend, power or not. It is really early for eggnog but I bought some at a discount (.99 cents) yesterday so likely the brandy might be used to spike the eggnog. If we have power there will be movies and more research on our trip to Greece.
The fridge is full, the candles, flashlights, emergency cell phone chargers are at the ready and we have lots of liquor - hopefully we shall get out of this weekend unscathed!