1. I rescued a little yellow bird who tried to off himself on our patio window. I heard him hit, ran to fetch him (so the neighbors cat wouldn't eat him straight away) and found him legs in the air on our patio couch. He must have bounced off and landed on the cushions. I really thought he was a goner. We put him in a box and let him sit for about 20 minutes then opened the box and set it on top of the BBQ. He managed to fly out up to the fence where he sat for 1/2 hour. We babysat him as the cat regularly walks that fence and he was looking like he had a bad hangover. Suddenly hubby heard a chirp from what was apparently either his mate or his bird friends and he flew off to a cherry tree half a yard away. The cat can't get him there and I imagine he spent a long time recovering from his headache. I hope he made it. I am sure, if he could fly, that he didn't have any broken bones, and hopefully no internal injuries. Now I see any yellow finch at the feeder and I am trying to look and see if it was Earl, the Kamikaze bird. Frankly, there are lots of yellow finches at the feeder so it is pretty unlikely I will be able to identify Earl should he come back.
|Earl after his Kamikaze adventure, waiting out the headache|
3. Hubby's Mom finally got into the senior center that she has been on a waiting list for. None too soon as she could not have lived on her own for much longer. She moved last week and now we can all breathe a sigh of relief. There will be even more relief when she gives up her license to drive (we tried to convince her to do it now but she won't until she turns 80 in December when they will force a re-test if she wishes to keep it).
4. We have dealt with more family crap that I cannot go into here but it is amazing how draining these situations can be with both time and energy.
5. Tonight spent two hours out by the Ocean with Hubby and Mom. We went after supper and just sat on our fold-up chairs watching the gulls, eagles and seals. The weather was fabulous today and it was still 23 degrees Celcius at 6pm. Summer is just about here!
6. Our company has never been busier so a lot of time has been spent on power point presentations for the coming weeks. Hubby has 3 sessions he needs to fly out for business in the next four weeks and all of them require a lot of work before he leaves. He writes them, I put them together. We make a good team.
7. I have been reading some of those books I bought at the book sales in my last post. I have not had the time to visit a lot of blogs this week but hope to catch up on the weekend. Sometimes a break from the Internet is good.
8. Had a really nice Mother's Day. My stepkids bought me an itunes giftcard so I have been busy picking out music for my phone which I play in the house attached to speakers or in my car through bluetooth. Technology is wonderful! Hubby and I took Mom out for a nice dinner by the Ocean overlooking the marina. None of us had to cook - you can't beat that!
And that is what I have been up to. I am really looking forward to the upcoming long weekend. I still have to work on Company business but can sleep in and be a little bit lazier than the past few weeks. Have a great week everyone!