I ran off this weekend to my Mom's house to do a little packing (in hopes she gets a sale soon) and to try and get some holiday spirit. Some eggnog and rum was ingested along with some mincemeat tarts. Mission accomplished. I got home in time today to convince hubby that we needed to do the final bit of decorating to the house - the lights on the outside. We managed to get them on the house without maiming one another and now the house is 100% Christmasfied. Hubby helped me put up the tree this week - I was feeling overwhelmed, and frankly uninspired. Things are looking pretty cozy. Well, it is December 1 today and on the list:
1. Decorate the inside of the house - check
2. Decorate the outside of the house - check
3. We usually like to have 90% of the shopping done by now. We are at about 40%. Not going to worry about it - lots of time left
4. Do some Christmas baking - maybe next weekend.
5. Mail my one parcel - must be completed by next weekend