Monday, May 14, 2012

Final Bit of Thrifting Before the Move



This weekend while taking my Mother-in-law to the greenhouse to buy flowers (and wishing I could buy pretty plants too but due to the move can only look) what should appear in front of me but a yard sale just a couple houses down from mine - and the kind that actually has good stuff for sale!

I would have bought a bunch of stuff had we not been moving - instead my only purchases were these two seagrass baskets for .25 cents each.

Even hubby likes them - even though officially we are not buying "stuff" right now. I count these as containers for stuff we already own and are moving (one can justify anything if you want it enough). I don't have a traditional jewellery box so maybe one for earrings and one for necklaces.

I found the final book in the Stieg Larsson trilogy for $4 in hardcover - my last book purchase of 2012 (unless for resale for .25 cents or less as I am planning on doing a flea market). Mom and I have read books one and two and have been looking for book 3 at thrift stores. When we are done we will likely sell it for the same price.


This book was a freebie - someone at work brought in a box of books free for the taking. I fished this one out for hubby but will likely read it myself.


Things are getting a bit crazy for hubby and I - some executive decisions to be made this week regarding our move that I will share with you as soon as things are finalized. Stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. Oooh I don't envy you. But you'll make it through. And when you get to your new place, you will be free to procrastinate on dealing with all the overflow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope the move goes really well! Good luck!

    Sft x

    ReplyDelete