Sunday, October 9, 2011

Happy Turkey Weekend Canada!



Three more photos from our recent trip to Vancouver Island


This weekend is Canadian Thanksgiving. We celebrate today so that the kids can celebrate with their mother tommorrow. I am taking a break as the turkey has been stuffed and is roasting and I will have to start the rest of the meal in a few minutes time. I made double the stuffing this time as all hubby could talk about yesterday was stuffing. I am sure we could do without the Turkey and he would be happy with a meal soley of stuffing and gravey, but the rest of the family might revolt. What is on the menu for five adults and two teens?

13 pound turkey
Double batch home made stuffing (bread, butter, celery, onions, poultry seasoning and some chicken broth
Garlic mashed potatoes
Gravy
Salad
Corn
Cranberry Sauce
Pumpkin Pie with Vanilla icecream

As I was getting things out this morning I had a revelation - I hate tablecloths and cloth placemats - so all have been gathered to give away on Tuesday to Goodwill. They are too labour intensive(washing/ironing) and really not required if you like the look of your table. One less thing I have to pack for our move.

No great deals this week (10lbs potatoes for $3.99 count?) but the Costco P&G sampler freebie came


Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! (and to our American friends Happy Thanksgiving Next Month!)

No comments:

Post a Comment