Friday, July 16, 2010

Welcome to my new blog!



After spending the last ten years of my life searching for ideas on how to save money, budget, reduce my grocery bill and still enjoy the finer things in life now is the time to share some of the secrets!







Everyone has dreams. Mine happens to be to living on an island, within the next ten years of my life. In order to accomplish that dream I:

  • enjoy shopping at garage sales

  • sometimes buy clothing at thrift stores

  • use coupons for groceries

  • buy used items on Kijiji

  • take advantage of all points programs for freebies

  • recycle bottles and cans for monetary returns

  • never pay retail unless on sale

  • always travel at discounted rates or on points

  • hold credit cards that reward for charging and paying balances off in full (favorites are Bank of Montreal Airmiles Mastercard and Royal Bank Avion)

  • scan the grocery fliers every week for the best deal

  • hang out in like-minded online communities such as smartcanucks.ca and redflagdeals.com


It turns out my Mother was right, most of the best things in life are FREE (or at least cheap)!

No comments:

Post a Comment